Professional, experienced & authentic, Jayne Darling is a well respected and established 1940s vocalist popular with the public and re-enactors.
Having performed at some of the biggest events across the UK and Europe she is known for her beautiful and passionate voice with a spirit that personifies the era.
With a wide selection of shows and music Jayne also has a variety of stage sets, props and equipment to cater for small to large events including evening dances.
Jayne loves to interact with her audience, works well with other entertainers and live musicians and has a broad understanding of the music and history of WWII.
Often likened to a younger Vera Lynn Jayne sings those songs made famous by some of the biggest musical stars of the day including the Andrews Sisters, Peggy Lee, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holliday, Anne Shelton plus many more with a variety of shows and music.
Jayne is available as a solo act or with her band.
- Bringing experience and authenticity to your event….with a touch of glamour!
- Lively, engaging and authentic 1940s singer with a wealth of experience
- Extensive repertoire from the 1920s through to the late 1940s
- Mix of genres and styles from Andrews Sisters through to Vera Lynn
- Range of shows including wartime sing-a-long, nostalgia, show tunes to dance
- Wide range of knowledge from the wartime era
- 1940s costume including original pieces and authentic reproductions
- Professionally trained with a Diploma in Music Theatre Performance from the London College of Music
- Full and active social media presence and website to help promote events
- Fully insured with £10m Public Liability and a member of Equity
Avon Valley Railway
Barry at War
Blaenavon Railway 1940’s Weekend
Chesterfield 1940’s Weekend (Event Plan)
Crich Tramway Village
Dad’s Army Museum – Thetford
Dig for Victory Bristol
Four Ashes Wolverhampton
Gloucestershire & Warwickshire Railway
Great Central Railway Wartime Weekend
Haworth 1940’s Weekend
Kelham Island Industrial Museum
Leyburn 1940’s Weekend
National Emergency Services 1940’s Weekend
Nottingham 1940s Knee’s Up
Pickering – Various pubs, restaurants plus the showground
Rufford on the Home Front
Ramsey 1940s Weekend
Selsey D-Day Celebration
Swindon & Cricklade Railway
Wimpole at War
Woodhall Spa 1940’s Festival
Yanks are Back in Saddleworth
PA adaptable from small to large events includes:
‣ 2 x 500 Watt powered speakers
‣ 2 x 250 Watt powered speakers
‣ Speakers can be connected wirelessly increasing sound distribution over a wider area
‣ Shure vintage microphone
‣ Roaming wireless microphone
Props / set including:
‣ 3 mtr Union Flag backdrop
‣ Cargo netting
‣ Scene setting props
Full light show for evening dances / performances including:
‣ 4 x 64 Par up-lighters
‣ 4 x Roving head search lights
‣ Kam party bar LED lighting
‣ Atmospheric smoke machine